Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Slums of Mumbai India

Its very normal and understandable that we most always get lost in our own challenging worlds and experiences. At times, at least for myself, I will completely forget about what is happening around me or in other parts of the world and be completely immersed in my own problems to the point of feeling completely alone and forgotten. I will get in my "self pitty" mode and feel that my physical suffering is worse then anyones i know.... For this is NOT true of course, to each their own. But sometimes we need reminders that it could be so much worse and to be grateful for the conditions we live in and for the small things that we at times take for granted.

"Have compassion for all beings, rich and poor alike; each has their suffering. Some suffer too much, others too little."- Buddah









For more images: http://artsytime.com/life-in-slums-of-mumbai/

TO DONATE PLEASE CLICK WEBSITE BELOW
www.apnalaya.org

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This reminds so much of the Philippines. I could not believe the pollution and the poverty. It was really shocking and sad. =0(

Post a Comment